Tuesday, June 24, 2014

PGR Leadership: Galloway Engages in Libel and Slander

As I said in previous posts the dysfunction of the Patriot Guard in Texas cannot be laid upon the blue hats who go out every day in all sorts of weather under their own power and at their own expense to do the job of honoring Veterans. Leadership, on the other hand tends to go a bit ballistic when they start thinking more of themselves than they do of those who actually walk the walk. Galloway (the subject of this post) is currently South Central Regional Captain.

This is a story in his own words from Dave Griminger aka Grinch - Deputy State Captain, Panhandle/South Plains Region, Texas

In the aftermath of an accident during a funeral procession Griminger issued a safety concern to his riders:


Griminger: As a Deputy State Captain, I feel it is my responsibility to keep riders safe during missions. During the week of April 25, 2012(approx.) I forwarded out a email I had received to everyone that Michelle (ride captain/contact coordinator) has in our email listing. This email was about riding too close behind the funeral hearse as there was a accident in Oklahoma where the hearse stopped fast and bikes hit it. No one hurt bad, but still a safety issue. I stated in caps, THIS IS WHY WE DO NOT NEED TO RIDE IN FUNERAL PROCESSIONS.

Griminger received a phone call from Galloway who took issue with the safety memo and then called him a liar when he explained he was attending the funeral of a friend rather than the Gathering of the Guard... once again leadership accuses of someone of being at a J4J event who was not there.

Griminger: That same weekend, April 28 2012, 2 events were going on. The first being the 2012 Texas Gathering of The Guard and the second being a trip to Topeka, Kansas in support of J4J by Texas Team 3. I DID NOT go to either of these functions. On Saturday, 28 April,2012 I served as a Pallbearer in Paducah, Texas for a life long friend who passed away.

After the service I saw I had a missed call from then State Captain Teresa Galloway. Once I got outside of Paducah, I called the State Captain. She immediately started yelling at me, asking me if I was trying to kill the PGR. I asked her what she was talking about and she replied, "That Email you sent out, why did you send that out?" I told her it was about safety, I didn't think we needed to ride like that and that accident was a prime example of why. She then went on to tell me I needed to resend (as to take back) that email. I politely said there was no way you can take back a email once it is sent. I also told her that I received a call from the NM State Captain THANKING me for passing along such good information.

At this point she asked me "How come you're not down here? [at the rally]". I simply said, I didn't feel like going this year. Her reply was something to the effect of, "Uh Huh... where are you now?" I told her I was just north of Paducah, as I was a pallbearer at a funeral. Her words were "Sure you were". I told her I was indeed a pallbearer and I had the memorial folder to prove it. At this point she said "I don't need any proof, I KNOW where you are." [in reference to me going to Topeka]. Then she said she had a rally to run and we would finish this phone call later and she hung up on me.

The longer I sat there and drove home, the madder I got, and I decided that NO man or woman (much less Teresa Galloway) is going to call me a liar and get away with it, so after talking to Michelle, I resigned from the DSC position effective midnight 28 April, 2012.

I had Michelle send out a email to all my ride captain team and explained what was going on in full detail, and 90% of the ride captains walked as well. So did Michelle.

It shut this region down. Lambert finally convinced Michelle to step up and serve as DSC to keep things going and I Supported her 100%. Jan 2013 Lambert became the State Captain after Galloway got her position on National, and in April 2013 Michelle rolled the DSC position back over to me with Lambert's agreement.

Thank you Grinch for sharing your story. It is posted here to expose the fact that for some reason some of the people in leadership believe they do not have to be accountable for libeling or slandering another PGR member in good standing. It appears to be somewhat common policy.
© All Rights Reserved

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are moderated... Keep it clean, civil and on topic.