Tuesday, June 24, 2014

A Rant By Drifter

A Rant by Drifter:

I’m not writing this to convince anyone to believe as I do. What I’m trying to do is explain how I feel. Coming from a Military family, I believe you need to have something very strong in your background to anchor your beliefs to the American Way. To Which, I believe if you have not suffered the pangs of WAR, you don’t understand our (Veterans) understanding of FREEDOM. Freedom to a Veteran is Beyond Priceless, I mean how do you apply a dollar amount to human life? Veterans believe in “A Band of Brothers” those who have written a blank check payable to the Freedom of all Americans, up to and including our LIFE. And those Brothers who are “Combat Veterans” this bond goes even deeper. Can you imagine being asked to DIE for your neighbor? The man next to you in the foxhole, on the wall, in the humvee, he might be Black, Oriental, Hispanic, or some other race or color, that part doesn’t matter in COMBAT. Color or race is non-existent in the military, because the next bullet don’t care who is in front of it.

SO I ask you to re-evaluate your position to better comprehend who we are and what we believe in. Better yet Why We Believe So Deeply in Freedom. We Veterans don’t ask anyone to give us our due. As a matter of fact we go out of our way to make sure we don’t infringe on your space and/or rights. The Veterans I know are truly humble men and women, not braggarts, desiring to make their exploits known to all. Very few veterans will tell you what they have been through. They don’t want to relive the grief, so don’t ask.

SO, now down to why I write this. If you believe I am choosing FROSTY and his position over you and the Patriot Guard Riders, so be it. Frosty, Tex, Grinch, Peanut and Vickie PLUS their spouses and families rest safe within MY Band of Brothers, along with Many Others too numerous to mention here. Take the time to understand who we are before you try to dis-honor any one of us. If I may be so bold, “Walk a Mile in Our Combat Boots” to see where we came from. Any Military Spouse will gladly tell you what their soldier has given up FOR YOU.

Drifter
AKA
Curtis Strong
Lawton, Oklahoma
P.S. THIS IS MY OPINION !!!!!!!!
© All Rights Reserved

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are moderated... Keep it clean, civil and on topic.