Thursday, August 14, 2014

Something to think about

Posting a couple of different faces here, just on the off chance you think the author of the Vietnam Veteran Fired... blog and facebook page for Ted Frosty Foster is one of those creepy creatures sitting around in pj's in their crazy aunt's basement creating mischief by the glow of a monitor on the internet - ha!

Nothing could be farther from the case... You might find me in the basement on any given day but it's because I work with my hands and that's where my studio is located.

As I have said before I am a veteran's daughter. I am a veteran's wife. Between the two men in my life I have 28 years of military life under my belt. The men in my life are solid, hard-working, straight-talking, no-nonsense kind of guys. They operate with a built-in integrity that is neither acquired from external sources nor can it be compromised by external forces. They are unapologetically American and true blue in their dealings with me and every other person of their acquaintance.

Ask me why I would tolerate anyone on the face of the earth showing disrespect to either one of them. Ask me why I would tolerate anyone disrespecting a mother who operates everyday from a state of dignity and grace, loyalty and generosity of spirit - a mother who has been irreparably hurt. There is no answer to why - I would not - I will not - I am not.

With that said and in light of the circumstances that brought us to expose the dysfunction of Patriot Guard leadership to the public at large I ask - if you were in our shoes how much would you tolerate of the BS that has been heaped upon Foster family and friends? Do the men above sound like your men? Does the woman sound like your wife or Mom? Does how I feel about the people in my life sound like the way you feel about your people?

Yeah? Exactly my point!

Put yourself in Frosty's shoes, Nezzie's shoes, my shoes. What if this was you or your wife or your daughter? What if this was your Dad or your Mom? What if this was your Grandma and Grandpa? What if this was your daughter and your friends crying foul!

Lies and slander and defamation of character heaped upon any individual for no purpose is despicable. The pain and aggravation that reaches beyond that individual to affect the innocent is unconscionable.

I challenge even the cowards who stand behind their walls of complicit silence to put yourself in our shoes. What the hell would you do if this crap (to quote the state captain of TX) came knocking at your door?

Well, you know if you bother to reflect on it at all and still feel indifferent - understand - karma is a bitch - there is no escaping it. Betrayal of this magnitude that serves nothing more than petty-minded grievance is horrendous. How can anyone live with that, knowing they did that?

The photos posted above are me and the veteran with whom I share my life. Every year in August we attend a Veteran's Rally. It is Vet Rally weekend. We go because it's fun and patriotic and we love rubbing elbows with people of like mind and purpose. Better yet, the road to Cripple Creek is one of the best motorcycle rides in Colorado.

What are the Folks doing this weekend? Attending a Gold Star Mother's Day fund raiser.


We are signing off for the weekend. If you ride - ride safe... ride free.
© All Rights Reserved

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are moderated... Keep it clean, civil and on topic.